Saturday, January 30, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
1. Eat 365 apples this year. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Plan of action: My goal is 365 by the end of the year. If I accidently forget to eat 1 some day then I can still make up by eating 2 apples the next day or another time. To keep track of my progress I will keep a calendar next to my bed and I’ll post a sticker on the day I eat an apple and multiple stickers if I eat more than one. (I’m completely motivated by stickers, surprisingly.)
2. Write 365 blog posts this year.
It doesn’t matter how many I do per day, if I skip a day, I just need to have a tally of 365 by the end of the year. And I’m not going to be picky about my blog posts either, if I just write a couple sentences complaining of a cold, that’s fine. Or if I write 10 entries in one day, that’s perfectly acceptable as well. My thought is to just get in the habit of writing every day and become a better writer.
3. Work out regularly.
I want to be healthy and in shape, I want my immune system to fight off colds better, so if I start exercising more regularly I think that will help. My plan is to go to the gym a couple times a week and on the days I can’t go to the gym I’ll do the Pilates DVD I got for Christmas.
4. Do 100 crunches everyday.
This kind of ties in with the above resolution, but I figure if I am so completely exhausted from my crazy school/work schedule and come home to find I haven’t done anything this will be my handy dandy backup plan. I’ll write it down on my calendar when I do the crunches.
5. Don’t eat any food after 8pm each night.
This is just to be healthy. I’ve read that you aren’t supposed to eat late at night because your body doesn’t digest it and it becomes unwanted fat. So I’m going to try this for a year and see how it works out. I’ve done it for the past week and I already feel better.
6. Get completely caught up on my book reviews blog.
I have a really bad habit of writing partial reviews and then getting distracted and leaving the book review in my drafts folder instead of editing and publishing it. I don’t want to get so behind this year like I did last year.
7. Listen to and rate 25 CDs this year.
There are so many good CDs in my iTunes library that have not gotten their fair share of listening to, so I’m going to commit to listening to more music this year.
8. Write 365 pages in my journal this year.
I really need to journal so I can remember what my life was like, plus maybe my life is so thoroughly amusing I’ll publish it when I’m older? (haha, probably not.)
9. Get my Etsy shop in better shape.
I kind of want to sell some stuff.
10. Get a book published.
This has been on my New Year’s Resolution list for years and year…I’m hoping that with hard work and persistence this one will finally come true, if not this year, some year in the future.
11. Read 1 chapter from the bible each night.
I will pick up my bible and randomly flip it open and read 1 chapter before I go to bed. Or I can read what I’ve been recommended or what is on my mind.
12. Eat breakfast.
This is healthy and lately I haven’t been doing it at all. Even something as simple as an apple, a fried egg, and a glass of chocolate milk will suffice.
13. Get a minimum of 7-8 hours (preferably 8) of sleep every night.
This will boost my immune system and I’ll be able to retain more of what I am learning in college. Plus I kind of can’t function when I don’t have enough sleep and I act like a freak. Funny that.
So that is my plan. We'll see how well I did at the end of the year, Haha.
~Song currently playing on my iTunes:
Candlelight by Relient K
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Friday, January 1, 2010
The Top Played CDs of 2009
(according to my iPod)
These are the CDs that I played over and over again. The CDs that I could tell you the first line of the next song because I had listened to them so many times. As you can see, 2009 was the year of Relient K with three CDs I was maniacal about. Family Force 5 also had two CDs I listened to a lot. But what is actually surprising is the newcomers And Then There Were None who totally dominated my Top Played Playlist this year, kicking Family Force 5 out of the top 25.
Here are my top played CDs in alphabetical order by title:
“The Birds And The Bee Sides” by Relient K
“Dance Or Die” by Family Force 5
“The End Is Not The End” by House Of Heroes
“Family Force 5’s Christmas Pageant” by Family Force 5
“Forget And Not Slow Down” by Relient K
“Galactic Conquest” by Eleventyseven
“Let It Snow Baby, Let It Reindeer” by Relient K
“Make Some Noise” by Krystal Meyers
“Ordinary Dreamers” by Group 1 Crew
“The Seattle Sessions” by The Classic Crime
“Who Speaks For Planet Earth” by And Then There Were None
Top 25 Most Played
(to even get on this list you have to have a play count of 57 or higher).
1. Backstabber – Jonezetta – Popularity
2. Crazy Daisy – Neon Horse – Neon Horse
3. LCM – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
4. Action Is The Anecdote – And Then There Were None – Who Speaks For Planet Earth
5. Murmurs Of… - And Then There Were None - Who Speaks For Planet Earth
6. John Orr The Arsonist – And Then There Were None - Who Speaks For Planet Earth
7. All My Balloons – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
8. Reinventing Robert Cohn – And Then There Were None – Who Speaks For Planet Earth
9. Homemade Valentine – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
10. The Hospital – And Then There Were None – Who Speaks For Planet Earth
11. The Atmosphere – And Then There Were None – Who Speaks For Planet Earth
12. Cloak And Dagger – And Then There Were None – Who Speaks For Planet Earth
13. You Know We’re All So Fond Of Dying – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
14. Right Here Waiting – And Then There Were None – Who Speaks For Planet Earth
15. Time And Wasted Bullets – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
16. Even Sleeping – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
17. The City – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
18. Bed Of Nails – And Then There Were None – Who Speaks For Planet Earth
19. Search Warrant – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
20. Thank The Watchmaker – And Then There Were None – Who Speaks For Planet Earth
21. The Alamo – And Then There Were None – Who Speaks For Planet Earth
22. Ditches – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
23. A Chance To Say Goodbye – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
24. Samantha – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
25. Mock The Music – Children 18:3 – Children 18:3
The Best Books of 2009
This year I read over 400 books, and I've kept track of my books on goodreads. I thought it would be a cool idea to list all the books I gave 5 stars this year. I also decided to categorize them by genre. So...bold = juvenile books; italics = children’s books; normal = young adult; and underline = adult books.
The Best Books (in order of when I read them):
1. Kamishibai Man by Allen Say
2. Knitting Never Felt Better by Nickey Epstein
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
4. Panda Whispers by Mary Beth Owens
5. The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
6. The Dirt on Sex by Justin Lookadoo
7. The Dirt on Drugs by Justin Lookadoo
8. Knitting Beyond the Edge by Nicky Epstein
9. Savvy by Ingrid Law
10. I Like Myself! By Karen Beaumont
11. Good Babies: A Tale of Trolls, Humans, a Witch and a Switch by Tim Myers
12. Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines by Kay Gardiner
13. Nicky Epstein’s Knitting on Top of the World by Nicky Epstein
14. Ask Me Anything by J. Budziszewski
15. Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner
16. The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
17. Skippyjon Jones in the Doghouse by Judy Schachner
18. Skippyjon Jones and the Big Bones by Judy Schachner
19. Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble by Judy Schachner
20. Old Bear by Kevin Henkes
21. Watch Me Throw the Ball by Mo Willems
22. Forest Born by Shannon Hale
23. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
24. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
25. Sexy Girls: How Hot is Too Hot? By Hayley DiMarco
26. Skippyjon Jones, Lost in Spice by Judy Schachner
- Eat 365 apples this year. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Eat 365 bananas this year. I'm still iffy about this one since I've already got the apples.
- Write 365 blog posts this year. (Are you seeing a theme here? Haha)
- Work out at least 3 hours a week this year.
- Don't eat any food after 7 or 8pm each day.
- Get completely caught up on my book reviews blog
- Listen to and rate at least 25 CDs this year.
- Write 365 journal pages this year. (This might get nixed or slimmed down.)