Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

So, it is officially twenty-ten. It's crazy, man. I have been looking forward to this year and all the things that I am imagining I'll get accomplished. But then, when it finally arrived, I felt nostalgic for 2009. What's up with that?

Here's a problem of mine: I think about the things I have to get done, mentally calculate how much time each task takes, plan out a schedule and then say, "oh, I've got time to do that later," and I get completely distracted and then nothing gets accomplished. The whole reason I'm telling you this is because I haven't thought-out my New Year's Resolutions. Drat.

But here's what I've got so far:
  1. Eat 365 apples this year. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
  2. Eat 365 bananas this year. I'm still iffy about this one since I've already got the apples.
  3. Write 365 blog posts this year. (Are you seeing a theme here? Haha)
  4. Work out at least 3 hours a week this year.
  5. Don't eat any food after 7 or 8pm each day.
  6. Get completely caught up on my book reviews blog
  7. Listen to and rate at least 25 CDs this year.
  8. Write 365 journal pages this year. (This might get nixed or slimmed down.)
This is a mighty chunk of things. Looking at it actually makes me a little leery. But here's my thought, I won't make it so I have to eat 1 apple each and every day or I fail, but I just have to eat 365 before 2011 rolls around. If I miss a day, no big deal, just eat two apples some day in the future. This puts some of the pressure off me and makes me more likely to not get discouraged.

Well, I've got to pack because we're heading out in the morning, but I'll probably post a couple Best Of 2009s later as well, before I go to bed.

~Song I heard on the radio that intrigued me:
Dez Moines by The Devil Wears Prada

No comments:

Post a Comment