Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Listless?

So I've spent a lot of time reading this summer and now I've realized that I need to have a more defined purpose. Obviously I'm still trying to get a job...but I've been thinking about what I want to do with my life and I've decided to come up with some goals for myself this summer.

  1. Get a part-time job. (I've filled out several, several, job applications but it looks like I need to step it up a notch.)
  2. Get serious about my writing. I feel like lately I've been a poser-writer because I haven't done anything worthwhile with my writing. I'm thinking about writing a novel this summer? How hard could that be? I've already done nanowrimo successfully. So three months is plenty of time...*grins hopefully*
  3. Get my etsy shop up and running like a pro. This means taking the time and effort to research and read articles about how I can improve my shop and actually sell something. I'd also like to get at least 50-60 items up and listed.
  4. Get in shape. I've started walking...sporadically. I've read that walking is one of the best forms of exercise, plus it gets me out in the sun, when I'm usually inclined to stay inside and read all day.
So, I thought I had more things on my mind, and maybe I did...but that seems to be all I can remember at the moment, and those are pretty large goals that will take a lot of time and effort, but I really want to strive for something and discipline myself to get stuff accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment