Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

We're visiting the Folks. I've eaten homemade french fries and Mexican hot chocolate for breakfast every morning.

One cool thing about this town is that we always go to movies while we are here because the movie theater is so cheap. So yesterday, we saw two movies. My mom and I are kind of movie fiends sometimes. But we saw The Blindside and Avatar. Yeah, I know - two very Different movies.

I kind of feel bad though, because I had been looking forward to seeing The Blindside for a while now. I had tried to go see it last time we were in the Ville, but it had been sold out. So I was pretty excited to go see it. I had even brought a box of kleenex because I was for sure convinced that it would make me cry. And I knew that might be a bad combination, because I already had a cold and was trying to kick that to the curb. But I figured I was well-prepared.

Funny thing though...I didn't cry at all while watching that movie. And when I was watching it, I felt like it was just an enlongated version of all the previews I had seen. It was still a really good movie, but I don't know if I liked it as much as I would have if it had not been so hyped up. I enjoyed it, but I was really surprised that I didn't end up crying at the end. It was kind of surreal.

Now Avatar on the other hand, I cried more in that movie than the first one. I had only heard about Avatar a couple days earlier when I saw it in the theaters. But I really enjoyed it. The creatures were amazing, and the cinomatorgphy was amazing! I fell in love with the colors and sounds of the movie and I loved the alien's turquoise skin. I thought the lluminisct atmosphere was pretty cool as well. When I got out of the movie, all I could think about was that alien world Pandora. It really stuck in my head and I kept it in my mind for the rest of the night. It was an interesting movie and I'd recommend it. Though there were a couple aspects of the movie that I thought were kind of unbelievable and that kept it from being one of my favorites.

Well, I'm off, Merry Christmas Eve!

~song currently playing through my head:
Carol of the Bells by Family Force 5

No comments:

Post a Comment