Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

So, I have a new blog...

I decided I needed a new blog. Here are some of the deciding factors:
  1. I was bored.
  2. My old blog seemed horribly outdated.
  3. And because of #2, I didn't want to do new posts on an archaic blog.
  4. The prospect of configuring and designing a new blog template sounded exciting.
  5. I wanted a fresh start for the new year.
So, that up there is my rationalization for my new blog. I know my family thinks I'm crazy, because they are going, "don't you already have a facebook, twitter, myspace, goodreads, and like four other blogs?" But I felt like I needed a new blog, and besides my other main blog is only for my book reviews.

Confession: I am slightly obsessive.
Those of you who know me personally are probably laughing. But I decided that I wanted to keep track of all the books I read, so I started my book reviews blog, even though I already had a regular blog. And now I'm adding another blog. Crazy, huh?

It took me forever to come up with name, by the way. I sat there, staring at my computer screen, thinking random suggestions as I shot down every single thought that popped into my head. It seemed like all the names I might like were already taken, and then the ones that were just oh-kay I immediately thought were lame after seeing them as a header. Blah.

So...what do I want to get accomplished with this blog? I'm not really sure. I'm thinking I'll record my thoughts, random musings, favorite music, concerts I'm stoked about, movies I want to see, books I'm reading, classes I'm taking...basically, I think I'll just have this be a regular ol' blog. I'm contemplating whether or not I will make any lofty goals for this blog as a part of my new year's resolutions. I'm debating whether or not I will try to do one post every day - but that might drive me insane, and insanity is never a good thing to wear on your sleeve.

~song I'm currently obsessed with: It's About Time by Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment