Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

An Update

Lately I've been really busy. Crazy busy, actually. That's really no excuse for updating my blog, but it's the only one I have. I mean, I'm in a Creative Writing class right now, so I'm doing a lot of writing, and I'm also in a Lit class, so I'm doing a lot of reading. But I'm not reading any fun books. And when I say "fun" I mean dystopian YA books. Ha. 

The other day I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time. I bought a journal. Oh, I know what you're thinking - this girl already has a shelf full of journals, what could she possibly do with another one? But I needed this journal. Truly. I had a specific image in mind and I found one at Borders the other day for only $3.50. Score!

So, the reason I bought this journal was because I had been looking for something to carry in my bag wherever I go to write stuff down. I mean, I love eavesdropping on conversations, and when I hear something that's especially clever or poignant, I want to write it down...except sometimes I don't have anything but a wal-mart receipt. So I wanted some small, compact, but resourceful and big enough to write even poetry/short stories in. That way, whenever a thought flits through my head, I can write it down immediately and keep track of it. Now it stays in my bag and I've already written down a poem. I'm kind of excited. I used to carry a notebook around with me, but I changed bags (that one fell apart) and this one doesn't really have room for a whole notebook. But this journal I got is perfect.

Classes, club activities, conferences, productions, and homework have all been consuming my life at this moment. That's why I haven't been blogging as diligently. I can't promise I'll have more posts soon, because I'm leaving for two different conferences in the next couple of weeks and then it's the long stretch towards finals, but I'll do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment